Mehiläinen’s laboratories provide a wide range of laboratory services. A variety of samples are taken in our laboratories and examined in our own central laboratory.
Arrival at the laboratory
Mornings are typically the busiest time at the laboratories. In order to avoid queues, please come to the laboratory outside the busiest hours, after 10 a.m., whenever possible. See the opening hours of laboratories from the details of a location.
Preparation for laboratory tests
You can come to a laboratory without booking an appointment or with an appointment. Please note that some laboratories require booking an appointment. To book an appointment, please call the medical centre. Laboratory opening hours and appointment policies can be found on the location pages.
If you are about to come to the laboratory for tests, please read more about preparing for a laboratory test. These recommendations need to be followed in order to ensure the reliability of the sample and to make the results comparable with the reference values.
Samples taken in our laboratories can be used to examine or test the following, for example
• Alcohol marker test (phosphatidylethanol)
• Extended basic allergy screening and differential examination
• Vitamin D
• Influenza tests
• Pharmacogenetic panel test
• Hormonal activity
• Hypothyroidism and other disorders of the thyroid
• Iron deficiency, anaemia and ferritin
• Possible lactose intolerance
• Possible celiac disease
• Lipids or blood fats and cholesterol
• Overburdened liver
• Metabolic syndrome
• Liver and kidney function
• Fasting glucose or blood sugar
• Venereal diseases including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV tests
• Heart attack and diabetes risk assessment test Hertta
• Complete blood count (including haemoglobin and white blood cells)
A variety of so-called patient-specific tests are also performed in Mehiläinen’s laboratories, including
• Electrocardiography or ECG and the related long-term recording test
• Blood pressure, long-term recording
• Clinical stress tests, such as stress electrocardiography, echocardiography and ergometric stress tests
• Allergy tests
• Asthma tests, including spirometry and measurement of nitrogen oxide from exhaled air
• Nervous pathway study or electromyoneurography (ENMG)
• Sleep studies
• Athlete’s laboratory package
If you are escorting a child to a laboratory, you can make the situation less scary by explaining to the child what is done at the laboratory in advance.
Laboratory test results
Make arrangements with your physicians on how you want to receive the results of laboratory tests. The results of laboratory studies and any statements made will be made available and stored in the OmaMehiläinen service. OmaMehiläinen can be accessed with a browseror with the mobile application.