If an accident occurs, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. This enables an effective examination of the causes of the accident and the timely initiation of treatment. Mehiläinen’s outpatient clinics provide a variety of emergency services, including general practitioner appointments.
Depending on the type of accident, you may also be referred to multidisciplinary emergency services. Our multidisciplinary emergency services include an extensive treatment process and a team with an experienced orthopaedist/sports physician and a specialised nurse.
Emergency services in different locations
Mehiläinen Töölö Emergency Services
Mehiläinen Turku Emergency Services
Mehiläinen Kuopio Emergency Services
Mehiläinen Oulu Emergency Services
The treatment process of occupational accidents is as follows
- seek medical attention at your own occupational health care service location or at another location, if necessary.
- report the accident to your supervisor without undue delay -> your supervisor will give you an insurance certificate, and you must deliver it to the treatment unit as soon as possible. An insurance certificate is a written document signed by the employer by which the employer allows you to use the employer’s insurance in invoicing the costs of the treatment and which verifies that statutory insurance has been taken. Your employer must submit an accident report to the company’s statutory insurance company as soon as possible to ensure that the treatment of the trauma is performed in a timely manner and that the costs of the treatment are directed to the correct recipient.
If you have a traffic accident during your commute, the accident is primarily processed through the occupational accident insurance. In such cases, please follow the instructions provided by the insurance company.
Leisure time accidents
The treatment process of leisure time accidents is as follows
- seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- if you have insurance, please include this information when booking an appointment (own insurance/employer’s optional insurance)
- submit an accident report to the insurance company (your own insurance) as soon as possible to ensure that the treatment of the trauma is performed in a timely manner and that the costs of the treatment are directed to the correct recipient.
- if the treatment is covered by your company’s leisure time accident insurance, your supervisor will create the accident report and provide you with an insurance certificate to be submitted to the treatment unit.
Appointments due to accidents
When you are booking an appointment or visiting a physician
- provide information about whether the appointment is to be invoiced directly through your insurance
- provide the insurance company’s details
- if you have already received an insurance certificate from your employer, please submit it when registering yourself at the clinic
- tell the physician that the accident is occupational or a traffic accident and that the costs are covered by an insurance. The physician will then give you the required documents.
- provide the documents given by your physician when checking out.