Hospitals and operations
Mehiläinen’s hospitals provide quick and queue-free treatment services that are individually customised according to your condition and wishes. Our operating rooms are open on business days. In addition to ambulatory procedures, our hospitals also perform demanding operations that require a longer stay in the hospital. All of Mehiläinen’s hospitals offer the opportunity to stay overnight after an operation.
Operations in Mehiläinen’s hospitals
If you need surgical treatment, please contact the Mehiläinen hospital closest to you or book an appointment with a Mehiläinen physician via the appointment booking service. You can also seek surgical treatment through a Mehiläinen specialist’s appointment or directly with a referral from another physician, if you have already acquired one.
Our staff will assist and guide you in preparations and arrangements related to the operation. Our specialists will provide you with details of any possible procedures and operations. We are also glad to help and assist you in any cases of insurance claims.
Quality of treatment in Mehiläinen’s hospitals
First and foremost, the high quality of our operations means that all procedures are always performed by minimising the related risks and making the entire treatment process as suitable for the patient as possible. Another vital aspect of a high quality operation is to perform it exactly at the right time. Consequently, Mehiläinen’s hospitals’ health care services have the desired effect.
Patient safety is highlighted in all our activities. The surgeons who perform our operations are experienced specialists. Our entire staff is highly professional and specialised in operations.
Mehiläinen also offers a quick and flexible financing option for covering your expenses.
Specialty-specific hospital services provided by Mehiläinen
- Gynaecological procedures and operations
- Hand surgery
- Paediatrics and paediatric operations
- Orthopaedic disorders and operations
- Plastic surgery treatment and operations
- Eye surgery and cataract operations
- Varicose veins and venous insufficiency treatment
- Urologic services
- Wound treatment
General procedures and operations
- Cataract surgery is a procedure performed in a hospital environment in which the opaque lens of the eye is replaced with an artificial lens. The operation is performed by an eye surgeon.
- Adenoidectomy is a procedure in which the adenoid tissue in the pharynx is removed. The procedure is often performed on small children and, in some cases, on schoolchildren or adults.
- Myringotomy is a mode of treating recurrent, prolonged and excreting infections of the middle ear that are especially common among children. The procedure can be performed as a separate procedure or during a adenoidectomy or tonsillectomy.
- Tonsillectomy is often performed if the patient suffers from recurrent infections, adenoid hypertrophy or disturbing snoring.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery involves removing the torn/sprained anterior cruciate ligament and constructing a new ligament by using the “spare parts” available in the patient’s own body.
- Meniscus surgery involves removing the torn part of the cartilage of the knee and leaving the healthy part in place. Most torn meniscus cases allow performing this procedure, but there are also other options available.
Operation and hospital service price list
Mehiläinen’s hospital activities are highly recommended!
This number indicates the percentage of our customers who recommend our services to others.