Ceramic CEREC filling
Porcelain is a durable and aesthetic filling material. We have CEREC software at our disposal, and this software allows us to make ceramic fillings and crowns during a single visit. After providing anaesthetics, the dentist performs the required filing, and a special imaging head is then used for taking images of the filed tooth and the antagonistic tooth. After this, the dentist designs the filling by using 3 -D design software, and the computer-aided drilling unit shapes a correctly-shaped porcelain filling to be attached to the tooth, using fixing cement.
Benefits of the CEREC filling method
- more durable than conventional filling materials and a more aesthetic result
- a ceramic filling or crown can be prepared during a single visit
- no moulds need to be taken in the mouth, using a mould material
- more affordable when compared to porcelain fillings and crowns prepared in a laboratory
- no temporary structures which may break