Arriving for your appointment
It is important to take care of health even during the current coronavirus pandemic. We have compiled information on how to prepare for a doctor’s appointment or a visit to a Mehiläinen hospital.
Customer instructions related to the coronavirus pandemic
Arriving and registration for appointments
- Wear a mask when visiting Mehiläinen’s clinics or public areas. If necessary, you can ask for a mask from the staff. You can wear a visor that covers your face instead of a mask, if necessary. People under the age of 12 do not need to wear a mask.
- Arrive at the reception on time, but try to avoid unnecessary long periods of waiting in the waiting room.
- Register for your appointment with the OmaMehiläinen app, if possible. You can also use a self-registration kiosk by displaying your Kela card.
- Please keep a safe distance from other customers in the waiting room.
- Pay attention to proper cough etiquette by covering your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or a sleeve when coughing and sneezing.
- We do not shake hands. We all look after good hand hygiene by washing our hands regularly and thoroughly.
Measures taken at clinics
- We provide hand sanitiser and disposable tissues.
- We have removed all unnecessary items from the waiting rooms, including children’s toys and magazines.
- To ensure safe distances, we have reduced the number of seats in the waiting rooms and extended the time between appointments.
- The appointment rooms are cleaned after each appointment.
- When providing appointment and care services, our medical staff wear surgical masks and other necessary personal protective equipment.
- All the members of our staff are up to date with the latest instructions related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- We only come to work if we are perfectly healthy.
- The staff of our respiratory tract infection clinics wear personal protective equipment to protect themselves from coronavirus infection and to ensure the safety of patients and the staff. The patients of respiratory tract infection clinics are also provided with surgical masks.
Please note that, depending on the speciality, almost all appointments can be booked as remote appointments by phone and that a variety of health issues can be treated at these remote appointments.
- Book an appointment with a doctor or to the laboratory with our online appointment booking service or by calling our customer service. The customer service is open 24 hours a day.
- The online appointment booking service shows the available appointment times in your area, from which you can choose the one that suits you best. You can learn more about our doctors and other specialists by clicking on their names.
- When you have selected an appointment time that suits you, you can request a confirmation by e-mail or text message.
- All appointments can also be booked as phone appointments.
If you need an appointment for surgery at our hospital, this will be booked during an appointment with a doctor, or we will call you to schedule the surgery.
- If you are not able to come to your scheduled appointment, please cancel it no later than on the previous day.
- If you have booked your appointment online, you can cancel your appointment by accessing the link in your booking confirmation or in OmaMehiläinen.
- You can also cancel your appointment by calling our customer service number.
We reserve the right to charge for services cancelled late or not cancelled at all. We will also charge a service fee of EUR 15 for the costs of scheduling and invoicing.
- Open 24/7
- Quick access to treatment without the need to book an appointment
- EUR 33.90 with Kela’s reimbursement
Remote appointments with Mehiläinen’s doctors at Digital Clinic help with a wide variety of symptoms that do not require a physical examination.
You can access Digital Clinic by downloading the free OmaMehiläinen app on your smartphone or logging in to the OmaMehiläinen online service .
Registration for appointments in normal circumstances
- Please arrive approximately 10 minutes before your appointment.
- Register with Mehiläinen's mobile application, by displaying your Kela card at a self-service kiosk or at the reception.
- When you come to Mehiläinen for the first time, you should register at the reception. You will be given a form concerning shared use of patient registers, which you can fill in while waiting.
In most cases, the final price for a doctor’s appointment can only be specified when all the necessary examinations and treatments have been completed. You can see the average doctor’s fees in the price list. If you bring your Kela card to the clinic, the Kela reimbursement will be deducted from the final sum before you pay.
If you pay for your appointment yourself, you can pay:
- With a chip card, either as a debit payment directly from your bank account or as a credit payment. Older magnetic strip cards can no longer be used.
- In instalments, if you have a larger sum to pay.
We do not currently accept cash. We stopped accepting cash on 13 March 2020.
The service also includes the addresses of Mehiläinen’s medical clinics, instructions for arriving for your appointment and a map.
After your appointment, you can view information about previous doctor’s appointments, examinations and your prescriptions in OmaMehiläinen . OmaMehiläinen also helps you keep track of your own and your children’s vaccinations.
With the OmaMehiläinen app, you can
- book an appointment for yourself or a family member
- view your own health information, such as laboratory test results
- register for an appointment