We have compiled information for you on how to prepare for a visit to a doctor or the hospital.
Instructions for customers arriving for an appointment during the coronavirus pandemic - how to avoid infections at our clinics
- When arriving for your appointment, please arrive in good time, but not too early so that you don’t spend too much time in the waiting room.
- Register for the appointment preferably via the OmaMehiläinen app, if you are using it. You can also use the self-service registration kiosk.
- Please keep a safe distance from other customers in the waiting room.
- For hygiene reasons, we have removed all unnecessary items from the waiting rooms, including children’s toys and magazines.
- We do not shake hands. We all practise good hand hygiene by washing our hands regularly and thoroughly.
- We have increased the number of hand sanitizer dispensers at our clinics. Clean disposable tissues are also available for our customers to use.
- We must all remember to cough and sneeze hygienically. Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or upper sleeve or elbow when coughing or sneezing. Never cough or sneeze into your hands.
- We only come to work when we are perfectly healthy. In addition, we have started coronavirus testing for social welfare and health care employees.
- We apply special arrangements at the clinics to separate patients suffering from a respiratory infection from other customers. Please follow the instructions/signs at each clinic.
- All of our members of staff are up to date with the latest instructions relating to the coronavirus pandemic.
- We do not accept cash. Cash was abandoned as a payment method at Mehiläinen from 13 March 2020.
How to book an appointment
- You can book an appointment with a doctor or the laboratory online or by calling our customer service. The customer service telephone number is open for calls 24/7.
- If you use our online booking, you can view free appointment times in your area and select a suitable time. You can learn more about our doctors and other specialists by clicking on their names.
- When you have selected an appointment time, you can request a confirmation by e-mail or text message.
- At present, all appointments can be booked as telephone appointments.
If you need an appointment for surgery at our hospital, this will be booked during a visit to a doctor, or we will call you to schedule the surgery.
How to cancel an appointment
- If you are not able to come to your scheduled appointment, please cancel no later than on the previous day.
- If you have booked your appointment online, you can cancel through the link in your booking confirmation or in the OmaMehiläinen online service.
- You can also cancel your appointment by calling our customer service number.
We reserve the right to charge for appointments cancelled late or not cancelled at all (‘no-shows’). We will also charge a service fee of EUR 15 for the cost associated with scheduling and invoicing.
Call request for a doctor
You can request a call from a doctor or another professional at Mehiläinen or agree with a doctor or specialist that they call you—for example, to inform you of your test results.
When we call you from Mehiläinen, your phone will display the number of the clinic. If we cannot reach you, we will try to call again. We will try to reach you twice. If we cannot reach you after two attempts, you can book a new phone appointment through our online booking or by calling our customer service.
Registration for appointments
- Please arrive approximately 10 minutes before your appointment.
- You can register through Mehiläinen’s mobile application, at the clinic or by scanning your Kela card in a self-service registration kiosk.
- When you come to Mehiläinen for the first time, you should register at the clinic. You will be given a form concerning shared use of patient registers, which you can fill in while waiting.
The final price for a visit can usually only be specified when all the necessary examinations and treatments have been completed. In the price list, you can see the average doctor’s fees. If you bring your Kela card to the clinic, the Kela reimbursement will be deducted from the final sum before you pay.
If you pay for your visit yourself, you can pay:
- with a chip card, either as a debit payment directly from your bank account or as a credit payment. Older magnetic stripe cards can no longer be used.
- in installments, if you have a larger sum to pay. You can learn more about the Svea instalment payment option here or ask at the cash register.
We do not accept cash. Cash was abandoned as a payment method at Mehiläinen from 13 March 2020.
Opening hours and contact details
You can find information about our clinics and their opening hours on our clinics page and in our online booking service. In the service, you will also find the addresses of our clinics, instructions for how to get there and maps.
You can view your health information in OmaMehiläinen
After you visit, you can view information about previous visits, examinations and your prescriptions in OmaMehiläinen. OmaMehiläinen also helps you keep track of your own and your children’s vaccinations.
Handle your medical matters by phone
In the OmaMehiläinen mobile application, you can handle your medical matters quickly and easily. In the application, you can
- book an appointment for yourself or a family member
- view your own health information, such as laboratory results
- register for your appointments