Mehiläinen begins to grow internationally – a leading private hospital chain in Greece starts using Digital Clinic
Press Release 29.10.2019
Hellenic Healthcare Group, a private hospital and medical service provider in Greece, has bought a licence for the Digital Clinic platform, developed by Mehiläinen, which also includes online appointment booking. Mehiläinen develops and exports Finnish digital health expertise at the forefront of the industry.
The agreement between Hellenic Healthcare Group (HHG) and Mehiläinen includes the Digital Clinic and the online appointment booking software developed by Mehiläinen as well as their localisation to meet the needs of Greek customers. These digital services will be made available to the customers of HHG’s Metropolitan and Hygeia hospitals gradually during early 2020.
- We are really excited about this new cooperation. This is a very significant agreement through which Mehiläinen’s operations will expand internationally. Our cooperation with HHG has been very smooth, building on strong mutual understanding and trust, says Managing Director Anssi Hartiala from Mehiläinen.
- We visited Mehiläinen with an international delegation to learn more about their solutions. We are impressed with the accessibility of Mehiläinen’s digital services and the new approach to service production. It’s evident that service development at Mehiläinen is strongly customer-driven and can transform traditional processes. We are convinced that Mehiläinen is the right partner for us to support our vision of a digitalised Hellenic Healthcare Group, says Dimitrios Spridis, CEO of HHG.
HHG provides private hospital and medical services under the names Metropolitan and Hygeia in the Athens area. Metropolitan is the leading private service provider in the area. In the future, HHG expects its cooperation with Mehiläinen to become even closer and expand to cover a wider variety of digital health solutions.
Great digital expertise attracts interest internationally
Mehiläinen is seeking strong growth in the international market. This internationalisation is being led by digital health solutions, such as the OmaMehiläinen app and its Digital Clinic, which have attracted much interest outside Finland.
- Mehiläinen’s digital services are among the best in the world, as shown by the comparison* of international service providers published by the consultancy BearingPoint. In addition to the app, Mehiläinen has great expertise in efficient processes that support digital services. We have been visited by dozens of delegations from around the world that wanted to learn more about our services, says Hartiala.
Mehiläinen’s apps are the most downloaded in the industry and its NPS (Net Promoter Score), which measures the customer experience, is very high. During 1–9/2019, Mehiläinen Digital Clinic’s NPS was 81.
According to Hartiala, the digitalisation of health care processes is a key tool in solving the challenges related to access to health services. Mehiläinen’s Digital Clinic has also been introduced into public health care services in Finland in places such as Länsi-Pohja, Siikalatva and Varkaus.
- Based on the figures and experiences of Digital Clinic, we know that a properly implemented digital solution increases the productivity of a general practitioner 2–3 times compared to the traditional way of working. Customers have received the new digital services with enthusiasm, says Hartiala.
- In addition to the users of the services, Mehiläinen’s solution has also brought significant benefits to the organisers and payers of health care services. Mehiläinen’s municipal, insurance company and occupational health customers have been able to provide better services at lower total costs, Hartiala says.
*) BearingPoint’s press release published in Sweden on 25 April 2018: ”Långt kvar till Sveriges vision om e-hälsa i världsklass”
Hellenic Healthcare Group’s website .