Instructions for the customers of Mehiläinen Working Life Services concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19)
For most people, the illness caused by the coronavirus will be mild. Those with mild respiratory symptoms should stay at home and avoid social contact. If you develop a fever, a cough, a runny nose or body aches – stay at home until the symptoms pass. Reducing social contact is also important for healthy people as it will help slow the spread of the epidemic.
Mehiläinen follows the instructions issued by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) for suspected cases of COVID-19 coronavirus. We actively monitor both Finnish and foreign expert statements regarding the situation.
Frequently asked questions about coronavirus
Safety at work – Support for workplaces from occupational health care services
If you are ill or you suspect that you may have the coronavirus, please do the following:
- If you have symptoms of a mild respiratory infection – such as a runny nose, cough, sore throat, body aches or fever and you feel you need the help of a doctor or nurse – contact us through the Digital Clinic. In Mehiläinen's Digital Clinic, we will assess your need for physical examination and refer you to further examination and an appointment with a doctor.
- If your respiratory tract infection symptoms are severe and you feel you need help quickly, call us on 010 414 1848 so we can refer you quickly to a special clinic for respiratory tract symptoms for further examination.
- In urgent cases, please contact the emergency number 112
- Our online appointment booking is not available for respiratory tract infection cases. This is to prevent any transmission of coronavirus infections at our clinics. We refer all suspected cases of the coronavirus to special clinics or other service channels, separate from our other customers.
- In order to avoid exposing others to possible infection, we do not recommend you visit our locations in person if you suspect you have the coronavirus.
THL’s home care instructions (in Finnish)
THL’s instructions for seeking treatment (in Finnish)
Updates on the coronavirus
The World Health Organisation declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic on 11 March 2020. Below you will find links with information that you can use to help your company prepare for the epidemic.
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (in Finnish)
Guidelines for workplaces by the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health
Guidelines for workers to prevent the infection
Instructions issued by the Confederation of Finnish Industries for companies (in Finnish)
Information for companies’ internal communications
Annika Jalli, Medical director, Occupational Health
Information letters to our customers:
13.3. 16.3. 19.3. 25.3. 27.3. 31.3. 2.4. 9.4. 16.4. 23.4. 7.5.