Digital Pharmacy in OmaMehiläinen - drugs delivered home
The OmaMehiläinen app has a new service: the Digital Pharmacy, through which you can order your prescription drugs straight to your home.
As of now, a separate trip to a pharmacy is not necessary, as you can manage things quickly and easily on your phone or tablet – wherever you are.
How long does the home delivery for the drugs ordered from the Digital Clinic take and how much does it cost?
- Home delivery by the Finnish Post to any location in Finland costs 9,90 € and takes 1-4 days. The drug can be delivered from all of our collaboration pharmacies.
- Economy delivery by the Finnish Post to any location in Finland costs 5,60 € and takes 1-5 days.
- Express delivery by a courier service costs 9,90 € in the capital region. Package is delivered within 4 hours if the goods have been ordered on a weekday before 3.30 pm. Goods ordered later are delivered the following weekday.
The drug, as well as the delivery, can be paid in the OmaMehiläinen app with the credit card entered. However, the drug and the delivery is charged by the pharmacy. You will receive a receipt to your email after the pharmacy has charged your payment.
Read more about the OmaMehiläinen app Read more about the Digital Clinic and renewing prescriptions by phone
Which prescription drugs can I order home?
You can order home drugs that have been prescribed to you or a family member, if they are linked to you OmaMehiläinen family profile. The law states, that opiate drugs cannot be delivered home. The Finnish Post does not deliver drugs that are low-temperature preserved, like insulin or any fragile packages. However, the courier service in the capital region can deliver these drugs. For the time being ordering self-care drugs, that don’t require a prescription is not available.
How does the digital pharmacy work?
The Digital Pharmacy can be used with an iPhone and iPad, as well as Android devices.
How to order prescription drugs from the digital pharmacy:
- Download OmaMehiläinen app from the application store (iOS or Android)
- Tap “Digital Pharmacy”
- Choose your pharmacy. You can see your distance from each pharmacy, so you can either choose the closest pharmacy to you or whichever pharmacy you wish to.
- You can see all drugs prescribed to you in Mehiläinen on the list. Choose the drugs with the “Order” button.
- Proceed to the basket. You can see a summary of the goods ordered with their prices.
- Choose the delivery: express delivery (in the capital region), the Finnish Post Home delivery or the Finnish Post Economy delivery.
- Add credit card information by following the instructions in the app or if you have already added your payment information, confirm the payment.
- After the drugs have been ordered you will receive a confirmation. Then you will get a call from the pharmacy, as they will be advise you with the use of the drug before it is sent to you.
If you don’t have a prescription yet, you can renew the prescription in the OmaMehiläinen app, use the Digital Clinic or visit Mehiläinen.
Download the app on your iPhone
Download the app on your Android
Does mehiläinen have a pharmacy?
Mehiläinen does not have a pharmacy. The Digital Pharmacy is a so called “shop in shop” service in the OmaMehiläinen app. This means that Mehiläinen does not sell drugs or operate as a pharmacy, but offers an online shop for pharmacies in the OmaMehiläinen app. The drug is always sold, charged and delivered by the pharmacy.