Coronavirus test for travellers
When you arrive in Finland, you will need a negative coronavirus test result. You can shorten the self-imposed 10-day quarantine required after your entry into the country by taking the test no earlier than 72 hours after your entry. If the result of this test is also negative, your quarantine ends. When you leave the country, you often also need a negative coronavirus test result for the airline and/or your destination country.
When you buy a corona test from Mehiläinen , the test result will be ready in 1–3 days. At the Messukeskus and Hernesaari testing stations and at the Express stations in Otaniemi in Espoo, the result is available within six hours.
Buy a corona test online
Mehiläinen online store offers you a convenient way to purchase and pay for a coronavirus test, and provides you with instructions regarding testing. Notice that if the negative test result certificate is needed, it should be picked up from a Mehiläinen location.
If you are healthy and need a coronavirus test for travel, please follow these steps:
- Go to the online store and select the coronavirus test. You can purchase the test for yourself or for someone else.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your payment to your e-mail address. Once the payment of the test has been recorded and the referral is ready, the person to be tested receives a text message and an e-mail message with the testing location details and instructions.
- If the purchase has been made between 6 am to 20 pm, the email and SMS will be sent within 2 hours.
- If the purchase has been made between 20 pm to 6 am, the email and SMS will be sent by 8 am.
- Once the person to be tested has received this information, they can go to a testing station for a test.The testing station can be accessed by car, taxi, bicycle or on foot. If you arrive by car, you need to remain in the vehicle throughout the test.
- When the result is ready you will get the answer from the laboratory test to your phone. If the test result is positive, you will receive a phone call with further instructions. Please, make sure that service numbers and service messages are approved in your phone settings. If the test result is negative, you will receive a negative coronavirus certificate electronically in your email. If a paper copy of the negative test result certificate is needed, it should be picked up from a Mehiläinen location.
- If you have not received a text message with the result within two days, we kindly ask you to contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com.
How is the test done?
We use the internationally approved PCR test (Nasopharyngeal sample, RT-P method: COVID-19 Amplidiag Easy System) at our testing stations.
The test sample is taken from the nasopharynx through the nose using a long cotton swab. Taking the sample does not hurt but does feel slightly uncomfortable.
Price of the corona test
The price of the test is EUR 300.50, which you can pay via PayPal in the online store.
Please note that this online store is only for travellers who do not have a Finnish personal identity code. The coronavirus tests purchased through the online store are not eligible for Kela reimbursement. If you are ill and suffering from symptoms of a respiratory infection, you should seek medical assistance to have a physician assess your need for testing and treatment. If you need to see a physician, please use Mehiläinen's appointment service online or call the customer service centre on 010 414 00 (0,084 €/min) to make an appointment.
Also note that when purchasing the test online, you are eligible for the PCR test. However, if you later decide to take an antigen test (a cheaper option), the excess will not be reimbursed from the original paid amount.
Coronavirus testing locations
After the purchase and a confirmation message you can go to any of these coronavirus testing stations by Mehiläinen: